Trifield 100XE ---- $149 (Worldwide Free
Trifield ® Meter measures all three types
of electromagnetic field: AC magnetic field, AC electric field, and radio (including microwaves). The magnetic and
electric detectors are 3-axis, making the meter easier to use than comparable 1-axis meter.
This meter is the only one which combines magnetic, electric, and radio/microwave detectors in one
- Detects the three type of electromagnetic pollution: AC
magnetic fields, AC electric fields, and radio/microwaves.
- AC magnetic and electric fields are 3-axis, allowing quick
accurate readings regardless of meter orientation.
- Two magnetic ranges cover 0.2-100
- This is sufficiently sensitive to detect the background
field almost anywhere (except for from civilization), while measuring up to very strong AC
- Electric range covers 5-1000 V/m (or .5-100 kV/m with
original version of the Trifield Meter)
- Radio/microwave covers 10 to 1000 microwatts/square cm
which includes the maximum permissible public exposure levels in all countries.
- Operates about 40 hours on replaceable standard 9V
battery, has a low battery indicator.
- Analog (needle-type) display has very fast response time
compared to digital. (However, AlphaLab also manufactures digital meters).
- Measures AC (artificial) magnetic fields rapidly. (Does
not measure DC of static fields, such as the Earth Field. Click here for other magnetic
- Measures AC electric fields rapidly, such as from overhead
power lines or improperly grounded equipment. Can locate wiring in walls (using the 100XE
- Measures major RF/microwave sources such as leakage from
microwave ovens, or the field near cell towers. (Note that wireless internet transmitters and individual cell
phone are designed to emit very little power and usually are well below international RF exposure threshold.
Consequently, the Trifield Meter will only detect these it very near the source.)
|SPECIFICATIONS: Trifield® Meter
|AC Magnetic Fields:
||(3-axis; shows true magnitude)
||40 Hz – 100 KHz (see frequency weighting)
|Accuracy @ 60 Hz (50 Hz):
||+/- 20% of reading
|Range/Resolution (@ 60 Hz or 50 Hz):
||100 milligauss / 0.2 milligauss
|Standard Version Frequency Weighting:
|*Sensitivity is proportional to frequency from 40 Hz to 500 Hz; flat from 500 Hz
to 2000 Hz
|*Sensitivity is inversely proportional to frequency from 2K Hz to 100K
|Flat Frequency Version:
||+/- 20% from 50 Hz to 500 Hz; inverse frequency above 500 Hz
|AC Electric Fields:
||(3-axis; however, note that E-field is affected by the body position)
||40 Hz – 100 K Hz (see frequency weighting)
|Accuracy @ 60 Hz (50 Hz):
||+/- 30% of reading
||1000 V/m / 5 V/m (Original Version: 100 KV/m / 0.5 KV/m)
||Same as magnetic (above).
||50 MHz – 3000 MHz (3 GHz)
||1 mW/cm2 / 0.01
||½ x to 2 x of reading
||5.0 x 2.6 x 2.4 in (129 x 67 x 62 mm)
||9 volt alkaline (~ 40 hour life) / "Low Battery" indicator